Miklos Peternak on Sun, 06 Feb 2000 17:26:18 +0100

Re: AW: Syndicate: Fwd: Do no longer exhibit in Austria! (fwd)

Dear Romana, dear all,

You have to know that I strongly disagree to join to any artistic
boycott, agressive messages - following EU governments decision - by
artists and intellectuals (even radically than the original
initiative).
Artist better should go there and express their point of view, even their
political opinions if they have such, though I think that is not the main
goal of  art...
It is much better to do this in situ. And undertake the risk of
direct confrontation in case...
This might mean some help. To stay far enough and send humanistic and
discriminative appeal from the far: this strategy absolutely fits to the
strategy of the opposed. You all have to know that.

with my very bests
miklos
(&:some more remarks below)