Katherine Liberovskaya on Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:02:51 +0100 (CET)

[oldboys] FWD: research support in Brussels needed

Dear Oldboys,

Am forwarding a message from a university colleague looking for support
and/or contacts to conduct research of feminist and cultural nature in
Brussels. If anyone can help or provide advice, you could contact Claudia -
who is not on the list - directly. She would greatly appreciate any tips.

Thanks in advance,

K.L.

>From: "Claudia Cochina" <ccochina@hotmail.com>
>To: liberovk@generation.net
>Subject: research support
>Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:54:36 +0000
>
>Dear Katherine,
>I am writing to you as perhaps you can help me, or direct me to help or
>>information, because of your involvement with Studio XX.
>I am an MA student in Communications at McGill University, Montreal, and I
>am doing my research for my master's thesis. A large part of my research
>focuses on women and international cultural policy-making, namely their
>participation/absence from decision-making processes in the cultural field.
>I received this year a kind invitation from the Cultural Policy Unit at the
>European Commission in Brussels to conduct my research there. I plan to go
>to Brussels between January and March 2002 for a period of about 8 weeks. I
>got the Study Abroad award from McGill to go there but it is not enough. I
>was wondering if you could help me find some support for my research, not
>necessarily financial. I am thinking of people in Brussels that I could stay
>with for this period of time. It is useless to point out that my field
>research(never done before) involving direct observation and interviews with
>women in cultural policy units will not be possible unless I go there. I can
>provide more information about my research as well as letters of reference
>or my curriculum vitae if required. I would really appreciate any support
>for this research.
>Sincerely,
>Claudia
>
>***************
>Claudia Cochina
>MA Candidate, Graduate Program in Communication Studies
>McGill University
>853 Sherbrooke Street West
>Montreal, QC   H3A 2T6
>Canada
>e-mail:ccochina@hotmail.com

Katherine Liberovskaya
President, Studio XX, 338 Terrasse Saint-Denis, Montréal, QC, H2X 1E8
Tél. : 514 845 7934  grrls@studioxx.org  www.studioxx.org
Ph.D Candidate, Department of Art History and Communication Studies
McGill University

**  distributed via <oldboys list>: no commercial use without permission
**  <oldboys list> is an unmoderated mailing list for global cyberfeminism
**  to remove your address from the list, send a message to: