Geert Lovink on Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:40:25 +0100 (CET)

nettime-nl: Opening van Unlimited.nl-2 (De Appel, 22 januari 1999, 18.00)

UNLIMITED.NL-2 at DE APPEL in AMSTERDAM  (curator Hou Hanru)
Nieuwe Spiegelstraat 10, 1017 Amsterdam, tel. 6255651

January 22nd until March 21st 1999
Opening: Friday January 22nd 1999 from 6 - 8 pm

Participating artists/groups/projects: Aletta de Jong, Schie 2.0, Bibo,
Wineke Gartz, Meschac Gaba, De Geuzen, g7, B.a.d., Peter Spaans, MVRDV,
Hans van Houwelingen, De Vaalserberg, Amsterdam 2.0, Tracy Mackenna, Edwin
Janssen.

'unlimited.nl' is the first of a series of exhibitions conceived to show
the work of artists who live and work in the Netherlands. Usually, De
Appel presents young art from abroad in an effort to inform the public of
international developments. The idea for 'unlimited.nl' was born of the
conviction that art in the Netherlands is flourishing once again. At
biennials and other international forums there is more and more interest
in the state of the fine arts in this country - reason enough for De Appel
to put together an annual selection of works of art
that testifies to the presence of a great deal of young talent here.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~deappel/frameE.html
e-mail: deappel@xs4all.nl

-----

De Vaalserberg has been invited to participate in the exhibition
Unlimited.nl-2 at De Appel in Amsterdam. On this occasion, we'll use the
exhibition as 'a show-house' to host the Autonomous Zone. By concentrating
on individual identities and exchange through dialogue, we'll point at
responsibility and response-ability as workable tools to surpass consensus.
According to the nature of our art initiative, we've passed on the
invitation to:
Daan van der Velden & Maureen Mooren (graphic designers)
Dani-el Rodenburg (artist/web master)

A SPECIAL EVENING on February 23rd will include:
MC Wisecrack (rap)
Arthur Elsenaar & Remko Scha (agent radio)
Dani-el Rodenburg (site)
Nach bar
Just Quist (electric mistress)

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME - CHECK US OUT
DE VAALSERBERG
Witte de Withstraat 44/1
3012 BR Rotterdam
The Netherlands
tel.(phone)/fax:(+31).(0)10.4148874
Email: vb@v2.nl

--
* Verspreid via nettime-nl. Commercieel gebruik niet toegestaan zonder