harwood on Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:05:46 +0100 (CET)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[Nettime-nl] Mohammed Mongrel (Modified by Geert Lovink) [u]
- To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
- Subject: [Nettime-nl] Mohammed Mongrel (Modified by Geert Lovink) [u]
- From: harwood <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:13:57 +0000
Mohammedb.jpg - a new work by mongrel commissioned by the Dutch
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004, Amsterdam: film-maker Theo Van Gogh was
found murdered in the early morning. His throat was slit and two knives
were left implanted in his torso. One knife pinned a five-page note to
his body. Mohammed Bouyeri, a 26-year-old man of Dutch and Moroccan
descent, was apprehended by the police after being shot in the leg. In
Dutch media he was subsequently referred to as "Mohammed B."
One of the first pictures of "Mohammed B." began to be circulated on
Thursday, November 4th at 15:37:07, 2004. This image seemed to be
derived from a photocopy of an identification card
The most frequent image of mohammedb.jpg first appears on Monday,
November 29th at 12:59:52, 2004 (www.geenstijl.nl/mohammedb.jpg). It
then spreads throughout the following day:
Mon Nov 29 21:18:14 2004 matar.web-log.nl/MohammedBouyeriOS.jpg
Mon Nov 29 21:36:59 2004 wtr.stratfor.com/mohammed.gif
Mon Nov 29 21:36:59 2004 www.aivd.lookingat.us/mohammed.gif
Mon Nov 29 21:48:00 2004 www.112-mail.net/mohammedb.jpg
From these seeds "mohammedb.jpg" populates the network
Mohammedb.jpg was commissioned by the Dutch newspaper "Volkskrant" for
their "Oog" project which creates a podium to focus on the image as
news and commentary.
* Verspreid via nettime-nl. Commercieel gebruik niet
* toegestaan zonder toestemming. <nettime-nl> is een
* open en ongemodereerde mailinglist over net-kritiek.
* Meer info, archief & anderstalige edities:
* Contact: Menno Grootveld (firstname.lastname@example.org).