nettime's_synthetic_system on Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:18:05 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> [net\.]art(history|definition) [feigl, baumgaertel, future]

"Franz F. Feigl" <franz@feigl.com>
          Re: <nettime> re: Tilman-RFC #1: net art history 1993 - 1996

Tilman Baumgaertel <tilman_baumgaertel@csi.com>
          Re: <nettime> Re: Tilman-RFC #1: net art history 1993 - 1996

"Dr. Future" <richard@dig-lgu.demon.co.uk>
          Re: <nettime> defining net.art (was: Olia Lialina, was:
          something or other...)

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 02:58:31 +0100
From: "Franz F. Feigl" <franz@feigl.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> re: Tilman-RFC #1: net art history 1993 - 1996

Don't worry: Tilman's job 'net.art.history' won't be the last attempt
to rewrite the past.

The first use of the the net (internet - not phones, BBS's,  a.s.o)
for art's sake I remember  was  Bill Gibson + ? placing something
like a 'self-destructing poem' on the net in summer 1992.
(the organisation was an art-show  in San Francisco, so there might
be more to dig up)

Lot's of still familiar names are missing, from Artcom to Williams
and even more not so familiar ones.

Franz F. Feigl