Florian Cramer on Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:36:28 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Re: olia lialina: Re:art.hacktivism

Am Mon, 15.Nov.1999 um 18:47:24 -0800 schrieb Craig Brozefsky:

> I fail to see how this technical observation, that we can copy bits
> from one place to another and that most net.art is independent of the
> server, would be the impetus for a critique.  Could you elaborate
> please?  Are you taling about a critique of conceptions of
> Intellectual Property, as emodied in various works of net.art?

No, I wanted to suggest something else. If most "Net Art" merely consists of
static files on servers, it interfaces so superficially with the Internet
that it should be more properly named "Netscape Art". Thanks for mailing me,
I will have to clarify this point on Nettime.

Florian

--
www.neoism.org
www.neoism.org/squares