Yes Rudy! on Wed, 1 Sep 1999 00:15:26 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Economic Warfare

[orig. to: Armando Galan <jagalan@tab1.telmex.net.mx>]

O Young Economic Warrior,

First of all, you shouldn't say you're "just" a 14-year-old American
student living abroad. Being a 14-year-old American student living abroad
(or anywhere else) is actually much, much more difficult than being the
Mayor of New York City.

I'll bet you didn't realize that. Well here's an example. If you get
scared, what do you do? You're in Mexico; let's say you don't know what's
going to happen to your country next year, because you know there's this
mass of angry, impoverished "minorities" somewhere nearby stewing about
their situation or something, and they're starting to run around really
crazy, waving screwdrivers and wielding hammers and sitting in doorways.

I'll bet when that happens you just worry, don't you? Well, I'll tell you
what I do, as Mayor of New York. First of all, I rely on my police to
handle the worst of the screwdriver-waving, hammer-wielding,
doorway-sitting maniacs that fester in any democracy. But then, since
there's a whole nasty slew of these folks, and who knows when they might
all get together, I build myself a very nice "emergency shelter," using
$15 million in tax money borrowed from the library budget.

And that's just the start. Boy, do I feel fine.

Now what were you saying about DNA samples and criminals?.

Good luck to you,
Rudy

Rudy and Rudy and Rudy: Complexity and the correct attitude
http://rgiuliani.com/, http://yesrudy.com/

You wrote:
>Dear Mr. Giuliani(or whoever I'm writing to here)

>I'm just a 14 year old American student living abroad right now, however
by curiosity I came across your page here. First, I find some of your
policies here highly alarming and disturbing. The police arrest ratio was
rather odd, if not ridiculous. Policies like this is a great way to create
a handcuff shoving police force. Second, I'm also disturbed about the
children DNA samples. To break the formalness of this letter WHAT ON EARTH
DO YOU NEED DNA TESTS FOR??!!! I can't see that entirely necessary.
Obligatory will be none the less disastrous. From this I can only conclude
that I hope neither you or Hillary Clinton and her welfare campaign wil
succeed unless there's a drastic change of policy. Good day.