Chris Byrne on Thu, 20 May 1999 18:49:40 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Patron Saint of cyberspace (Fwd)

Dear Nettimers,

Following is a short list discussion from RHIZOME RAW which I thought you
might find of interest. You don't necessarily need to be Catholic to
appreciate this somewhat bizarre spectacle. The action of the Vatican and
its implications do raise some interesting questions I think. For example,
what is the Vatican's attitude on the various less than saintly activities
conducted via the net?

Incidentally, if anyone does have further information on St. Isidore,
please do get in touch.

Chris

------------

---------------

----------------

-------------------

>From: sugar_girl@iname.com
>Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 17:05:49 -0400 (EDT)
>To: list@rhizome.org
>Subject: Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Patron Saint of cyberspace
>Sender: owner-list@rhizome.org
>

>yeah, but you should look in the FULL Dictionary of Saints.
>
>it gives *way* more information about this St. Isidore guy.
>
>checkit:
>

>St. Isidore kept a bunch of hamsters in his house. and he like, taught
>them to all dance together when he would sing a certain song! since there
>was no MTV and stuff, villagers would come from miles around to watch the
>hamsters dance. Then the villagers would go *totally* nuts and tell all
>their friends who would tell all their friends and soon St. Isidores house
>was full of people just watching these hamsters do the same dance over and
>over for hours.
>
>Also, St. Isidore was *totally* in love with Pamela Anderson! No joke! He
>had pictures of her EVERYWHERE in his house. when he wasn't training the
>hamsters he would be like, talking about Pamela Anderson and looking at
>her pictures.
>
>St. Isidore was pretty poor. Hamster food was expensive! so he was always
>thinking up these dumb schemes to earn money. these schemes usually
>required a bunch of other people to do stuff for him so here is what he
>would do: he would spend all day writing down the same message over and
>over on different pieces of paper. the message would try and convince the
>reader into doing the thing that would make St. Isidore money. Then St.
>Isidore would sneak out at night and put all of these messages into
>everyones mailbox. then he would just kick back and wait for all the money
>to come rolling in! RAD!! You've totally got to give him snaps for that
>idea, huh?
>

>So *now* we know why this Vatican thing made him the Patron Saint of the
>Internet. makes more sense when you have the *full* 411 on this guy.
>

>bye!
>
>>;)
>
>>sugar*girl<

Case Museum