nettime's_indigestive_system on Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:21:12 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> geertogram 041899: paintings, visas, drawings, mail

Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
          (fwd) Milovan Djilas se pita u vezi ludila
          EU visas 'postponed' to FYU citizens
          LL:URL:Anti-Nato drawings and cartoons
          Suspension of Mail Service to Yugoslavia

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:08:16 +0200 (CEST)
From: Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
Subject: geert 1

From: Cillena <kirkaart@bart.nl>
Subject: Milovan Djilas se pita u vezi ludila

Michael Ignatieff( Time) talk with Beograd. Aleksa Djilas( historian,
writer, son of the famous Yugoslav dissident Milovan Djilas) picks up
the phone, his first words are: "I understand the mechanism of madness on
my side. But do you understand the mechanism of madness on your side?"

Time article: "We abstain from bombing Milosevic palace on the grounds
that it is a national historical site AND that there is a Rembrandt on
the first floor. That is one measure of our  madness - that we allow a
Rembrandt to save a criminal."

"The madness of both sides is set to continue." M.Ignatieff