KEIN Florian Schneider on Sun, 30 Apr 2023 17:57:55 +0200

<nettime> nettime back and running

dear all,

please accept my sincerest apologies for the long downtime, but the mail server which hosted nettime-l, as well as many more mailing lists and individual KEIN mail accounts, crashed after more than 15 years, in mid march.

i managed to retrieve and recover almost all data but had to delay the work on the mailing list server due to an unexpected covid infection over easter. the good old but unfortunately rather outdated mailman v2, requires a downgraded environment which is finally up and running now.

it looks like nettime-l should work as before.

all the best,

florian

ps: if someone has a proposal for a contemporary mailing list software that offers comparable and backwards compatible functionality with mailman, please drop me a line. mailman v3 seems not to be an option and many large lists and their archives experience the same challenge.

——
Florian Schneider
fls@kein.org

Professor, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
President of the Society for Artistic Research (SAR)

#  more info: https://lists.kein.org/mailman/listinfo/nettime-l