Ted Byfield on Sat, 19 Mar 2022 20:10:37 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Dugin to lead Russia's Channel One (?)

Thanks for this, Olia.

So while Western intellectuals prop him up as the latest incarnation of the Rasputin > Zhirinovsky trope — a subspecies of Orientalism, imo — at least one Russian outlet is taking the piss. 👍🏼

But if people are really wedded to the tragic worldview, we could debate whether this squib is authentic or 'really' the work of some intelligence outfit messing with our heads. On second thought, nah.

Cheers,
Ted