Ted Byfield on Sat, 19 Mar 2022 18:55:11 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Dugin to lead Russia's Channel One (?)

via Facebook. I have no idea if this is true, but if it is it should be an opportunity to see a bit more clearly whether Dugin is really so significant.

Осетия - АланИр  ·

Алина Доева  · March 17 at 11:57am

Alexander Dugin has been appointed General Director of Channel One.

At an emergency meeting, the Board of Directors of Channel One decided to terminate the contract with Constantine Ernst.

A well-known Russian philosopher and political scientist Alexander Dugin has been appointed as the new general director of "Pervogo".

"For me, this assignment became a pleasant surprise. I am a faithful son of Russia and the Russian people, who have now finally begun to wake up. My front is an information war. I will expel the entire Russophobic element from the state, all these liberals, comedians and once and for all I will end the stench and stupid shows," the philosopher said.

Dugin added that all employees of the channel will have a personal interview with him, and his colleagues from the Eurasian Youth Union will analyze their social media pages. After this, a decision on the termination of the employment contract may be made.

In addition, in the broadcast network "First Channel" in early April there will be new programs - "Project Eurasia", "Conservative Revolution" and "The Theory of the Multipolar World", which will be the director himself.