José María Mateos on Mon, 14 Mar 2022 13:46:10 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> FSB 'dissident' voice

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 11:50:44PM +0100, Felix Stalder wrote:
David,

thanks for pointing this out. Quite strange, because this is the same person from bellingcat who shared the text in the first place, including some background how he checked the authenticity. Now he does not even mention this when discounting the document and how the media fell for it.

A blog I've been following for a few years now (nakedcapitalism.com), and which I think does a pretty good job at reporting on current affairs, is typically very dismissive of Bellingcat. They tend to be quite contrarian, but not just for the sake of it, so while I think Bellingcat has very good press in the "mainstream media", I always wondered what they saw in them that they didn't like. I never found it explicitly stated.

Cheers,

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org