Geert Lovink on Wed, 2 Mar 2022 15:28:09 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Ukraine debates, dialogues and resources

Dear nettimers, here at INC in Amsterdam we have been in contact with several of you over the past days to discuss what concrete steps we can take to support artists, designers, researchers, geeks, theorists, critics and other irregulars in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and the surrounding countries (and even beyond). If you you like to join the initiative DM me at geert@xs4all.nl. Needless to say, we do not claim to have (alternative) news. It is more about dialogue, the numerous backgrounds we have, personal stories from inside the war zone and outside (for instance, of Svitlana Matviyenko), longterm concepts, reflection on the causes of this deep crisis in Europe. If you like to join, please see this as an invitation and organize that together. /Geert

These are the postings so far over the past ten days:

One of the many things we can do is share resources, here a first, very modest attempt:

Artists at Risk

Ukrainian Artists Speak Out As Invasion Intensifies
https://hyperallergic.com/713794/ukrainian-artists-speak-out-as-invasion-intensifies/

Charity and NGOs that help Army and civilians in Ukraine
https://imi.org.ua/en/news/charity-and-ngos-that-help-army-and-civilian-in-ukraine-i44083

Internet in Ukraine disrupted as Russian troops advance
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/internet-ukraine-disrupted-russian-troops-advance-2022-02-26/

Event organized on March 3 by Ukrainian artist in The Hague (in Dutch)
https://www.mistermotley.nl/we-zijn-allemaal-kunstenaars-we-moesten-iets-doen-in-gesprek-met-sophia-bulgakova

Platform BK list (via Sepp)

Phone of a killed Russian soldier (via Janos)

Operation Solidarity (Germany)

War in Ukraine-Daily Updates (via Jo)
https://sharethetruths.org/

Berliner Gazette Linklist:

LeftEast Condemns Putin’s Imperial War Against Ukraine

No to War. For a Transnational Politics of Peace - open letter

Cultural Workers Against the Ongoing War in Ukraine - open letter

Resources for Ukrainian refugees and supporters: a lot of useful information in one doc - from details on various border checkpoints to asylum procedures across Europe (via CEE feminist research network)

Geert & INC team