Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 6 Jul 2020 17:23:25 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> discussing zoom fatigue

folks, has somebody made a detailled, media-critical comparison
between these different systems and their functionality? (for the
teaching i did, we used "Cisco Webex Meetings")

just my two-pennies worth this monday morning: one of the complicating
issues is, for me, that depending on the choices people make in their
own client software, the way in which the same online meeting is
experienced by the participants can be quite different. another aspect
of this are the "decisions" taken by the intervening technical systems
of "automatic" adaptation to bandwidth, audio noise reduction, etc.

in terms of psycho-social questions, it might also be worth looking
at the field of primary and secondary schools where the questions of
individual and group engagement should be different from university
seminars, and yet different from thematic, goal-oriented online
meetings...

regards,
-a