Eric Kluitenberg on Wed, 25 Sep 2019 16:56:47 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Supreme Court Rulling consequeces

Hi Ted,

I appreciate that nettime should retain a focus on network-dynamics (in culture, politics, media, communication, art, etc.).

However, I must say that I quite enjoy the ‘nettime-take’ on global political events (such as the impeachment enquiry in the US, the climate crisis, or Brexit). I stopped using facebook actively years ago, never used twitter, and use some networks such as linkedin, academia and so on for a professional online presence.

So next to browsing around like we all do, nettime is still a good pointer to relevant debates.

I do welcome if we can revert a bit more to discussing what the list was originally set up for (net.criticism in the broadest sense).

What i miss here most is a critical discussion of how 'the network’ is weaving in the fine textures of the physical world (mobile, wireless, iot, biometrics and so on), which I have written about, organised events, workshops, whatever - most recent around the affect space concept - but it would be good to hear other takes on that and discuss this.To me still seems a blind spot in network theory..

anyway - keep the list going I’d say.

bests,
Eric