dronelfo on Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:57:21 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> It goes beyond the Meat Loaf Problem

Gesendet von ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
An 20. Aug. 2019, 01:05, André Rebentisch schrieb:

Partisanism makes the world easier but does not get it right.

You have to simply consider this from a political standpoint and just
view the moves of the players.

a. What does he sacrifice by proposing himself?
b. What do MPs sacrifice if they support the opposition?

a. nothing at all
b. everything

It is an "offer" designed to not be accepted but to appeal to his
electorate. In particular with an upcoming reelections perspective
it is clear why no one could be in.

Furthermore, if they get "no-deal" the partisan Labour rejection of the
withdrawal agreement would be of Corbyn's responsibility.

The reason why minority fractions such as DUP got so much power to
derail negotiations stems from the lack of cross-partisan consensus.

Here the question is if we blame the UK political system or Corbyn.
Why did Labour block the withdrawal agreement adoption? To stop Brexit?
Nah...

Unlike the SNP or LibDem his position is completely unclear and
non-constructive.

# more info: http://mx.kein.org/mailman/listinfo/nettime-l
# archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime@kein.org
# @nettime_bot tweets mail w/ sender unless #ANON is in Subject: