Heiko Recktenwald on Fri, 24 May 2019 15:54:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Guardian analysis/ Julian Borger on Assange's new indictment

Dear John and all,

Am 24/05/19 um 13:22 schrieb John Young:
> So too for researchers, academics, NGOs, even, pardon rudeness, these
> very strutting, cowardly, verbose, media-quoting fora.

But it was a very good article. And, as the black poet Amiri Baraka aka
Leroy Jones once said:

"You cannot insult establishment and expect it to give you rewards."

To me the case is pretty clear. The national security of the US is not
the national security of the UK or Sweden. You would have to argue that
there is a common national security as in 5 eyes, but it is not in the
law. And he isnt even accused of espionage against the UK.

So it looks more like a legal experiment of the US.

And so it comes to Al Hanson, the inventor of happenings:

"I dont like artists who make other artists bad."

For me Assage only contributed to the history of literature. All US
diplomats are little Mark Twains.

I thank him for that.

Best, H.