John Young on Fri, 24 May 2019 13:25:05 +0200 (CEST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: <nettime> The Guardian analysis/ Julian Borger on Assange's new indictment
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: <nettime> The Guardian analysis/ Julian Borger on Assange's new indictment
- From: John Young <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 07:22:09 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pipeline.com; s=dk12062016; t=1558696850; bh=WrZAeeh4TXCt6tl+eb2lLLMY+3olu7DUk9Jy 1E/m5Ac=; h=Received:X-Mailer:Date:To:From:Subject:In-Reply-To: References:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID:X-ELNK-Trace: X-Originating-IP; b=X6r4UvMnwcVJo+Tvmbkf5hBBtgKZtM5BMoEoNTfpv9FuYG Hb18NHQV81dnrcn1K09W0HPkwACWcuuGcbSfPElsw9UvP1BnSISscetCJfXISYEcaQW oa+L9Bsakm1+pQJKT25h+8D8ZZN9JkmKwDhMOOovj0mvHbbGmeM3UKUwlB4NPrfJlZR kTZ79It/bKTBR5hCi3PWLR9S9HEa+KwkVcCXkXbsmveGNUYGPwFZ8laLM+Qh8TnE1MV lIG25NswWbb8gZpB6Hw5Zb7XOkOrhZYYAKEtkpa+DK96HS1w0ZB2PcELCCokd8LNixo z1DMwWx+OXT2ULu4JxilEsOTp6ig==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=pipeline.com; b=Uj3kQOItiZzQPHi8nZQgeg+0T0eWf/vF6xLEc39y7wLNakt/c6NSR8q+n9SMfCZm4JWJZQtMgzXP7hl+qmKSiLcc4D5/ZNig5op0UsxpRctp8AYsRInD0Spdld0YPijxf3f68aIWb1lXrfKJNhM/19MnALeJ6wcJuolFmkB1qzH930C5wqWEow7oKzWF3GYdHVTfxSnALWv3dHt0aTHXCuGPIKP35H7iPOSUIhyag/NMiIf89kKlO1e3uTH6Zb3QxAV/xfFmIeYxWdYVqsy+/Qov48Yg08JRSCuJCnYqGeyu+ClnYrM2NdaGIqGVkp3TLApfqViFv66nhRlFKBN+vQ==; h=Received:X-Mailer:Date:To:From:Subject:In-Reply-To:References:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Government-privileged press is rabidly disclaiming its role in
sacrificing Assange, WikiLeaks, Snowden, Winner, Hale, et al, to
maintain its hegemony in deciding what the public is allowed to know.
Shame on its shamelessness of guilt-avoiding complicity.
What Assange is accused of should be seen as a starting point for
what needs to be expanded well beyond where cosseted and cowed press
-- overly-lawyered and profit-seeking, forever seeking official
approval to protect its prestige and business -- will not venture.
So too for researchers, academics, NGOs, even, pardon rudeness, these
very strutting, cowardly, verbose, media-quoting fora.
National security ideology is a long-lived pharma insistently
dispensed to eagerly downed by anxious and insecure populace,
especially by the highly intelligent who gain their rewards by
obedience and comforting critique to assure fees, sales, perqs,
medical care and pensions.
Guardian, NYT, WaPo, bigger the name, bigger the complicity in "not
going too far," that is bypassing their restrictions. Oh well, press
religion gets constitutional access to secretkeeping sanctums with
instructions on how to massage the body politic's strictly enforced
info consumption. Headlines and bylines rule the flow.
# distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
# <nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
# collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
# more info: http://mx.kein.org/mailman/listinfo/nettime-l
# archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: email@example.com
# @nettime_bot tweets mail w/ sender unless #ANON is in Subject: