K E N O on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 20:22:07 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Speculative Intergalactic Network

It would probably not be called internet, require a better
understanding and use of our "other senses and sensors".
Maybe it exists and we dumbs don't perceive it... or we don't know that
certain waves effects are signs of it... or we produce too much
electromagnetic pollution to be able to catch it, or…

… or they are already using gravitational waves for communication. ;) Or some other kind of transmission medium. Or they exist in another dimension. That would be nice: an intergalactic and multi-dimensional internet. What would intergalactic internet memes be like?
Electromagnetic pollution is an interesting point, since we love (I do, for sure) our electromagnetic communication and broadcasting systems. Nevertheless, we only focus on pollution regarding the spectrum of light because we can see it.
That leads to the SETI initiative, which I find very interesting from both a scientific and an artistic view. Analysing electromagnetic signals, they are not only able to discover extraterrestrial life, but also to detect other cosmological events. It’s like fundamental research of electromagnetic signals with a chance of finding aliens.

For the first amateur radio satellite, they could call it Loretta Strong
( from Copi's theater play) or Walt Dangerfield (from  P. K. Dick's Dr
Bloodmoney). I think that should enable a better communication to/with
space, cause they are intergalactically known and explicit, nope ?

They do call it Fox-1D. ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMSAT#Satellite_names.

K E N O