K E N O on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 16:18:21 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Speculative Intergalactic Network

Let’s assume (so called intelligent) aliens would exist. What do you think: How would communication work with those aliens? How would it change the Internet if we expanded it to different planets? I’ve been wondering if hierarchical structures between the new lifeforms and us humans would occur – like a new form of imperialism.

There are two interesting talks about Libre Space (https://libre.space) from Greece: “UPSat — the first open source satellite” (https://media.ccc.de/v/34c3-9182-upsat_-_the_first_open_source_satellite) and “SatNOGS: Crowd-sourced satellite operations” (https://media.ccc.de/v/34c3-9189-satnogs_crowd-sourced_satellite_operations). Furthermore the first amateur radio satellite will be sent to space (https://www.amsat.org). Do you think this will enable astronomy and communication to/with space for a broader audience?

K E N O