Frederic Neyrat on Fri, 25 Nov 2016 18:43:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> What is the meaning of Trump's Victory + Badiou

   Thanks Molly!

   Eco's list is very interesting. It might be useful to adapt it to our
   situation. Alex Foti's expression, "national populism," seems also
   accurate, especially if we define this nationalism as an immunitary
   nationalism (even though nationalism is maybe in itself immunitary). We
   could speak about an immunitary populism that would imply, as one of
   its necessary conditions, an exacerbated racism; one of the functions
   of this racism would be to mask the current transformation of
   neo-liberalism. By the way, I'm not sure at all that Trump's politics
   will be anti neoliberal: US' protectionism has always been a way to
   prepare, launch, spread, and maintain the neo-liberal agenda.

   Best,
   Frederic

   14 features defining fascism from Umberto Eco:

   http://www.openculture.com/2016/11/umberto-eco-makes-a-list-of-the-14-common-features-of-fascism.html