Heiko Recktenwald on Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:24:45 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> what if we were all right but all wrong?

Am 30/08/15 um 18:20 schrieb Eric Beck:
> So while this new red-brown alliance might be effective, it's worth
> asking who will benefit by being "half right." Doubtful it will be
> migrants. The prospects for women, children, and queers is unlikely to
> be too sunny under the rule of "right wing sovranist parties."
> Retirees who will be impoverished by V et al's (...)

I dont think it is true. That right wing parties have a good idea as
well does not make an idea bad. The happiness of queers is not an
economical problem that we are talking about and we dont kniow whether
this would affect them anyway. And who should become a migrant for
this?

An own currency is not very nationalistic, see Poland, the UK etc, who
know exactly why they still have it.

A common currency makes commerce easier, profits are easier to
calculate, and travels in certain cases, thats all. The income of
retirees is not influenced at all.

IMHO,

H.