Kevin Flanagan on Tue, 7 Apr 2015 00:43:14 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nottime: the end of nettime

   A reassuring side effect of announcing the death of someone or
   something whether it be an April fool prank or not is that people you
   don't know turn up for the funeral with eulogies and elegies.
   As an art student nettime was my first real encounter with an active
   critical net culture I preferred to listen and learn and have never
   actively contributed but please do not mistake silence for absence,
   clearly there are many of us here who value nettime. It has for me
   always been a source for provocation and inspiration. It's great to see
   so many nettimers here. Thank you all. I hope we will continue to
   celebrate the spirit of nettime together for some time to come.
   Kevin Â

   On 6 April 2015 at 22:28, Kruno Jost <[1]udrugauke@gmail.com> wrote:

     > People who just (or mostly) read on-line do not deserve the creepy
     > designater - lurker.

     Thank you David for this observation,
     this is my first post after reading (lurking) for some years and doing
     it passionately. Nettime list is research and study material, much
     more alive than any blog or social media. It is a living portal. And
     am glad to see so many people I know here, and so many people I will
     get to know in the future.
 <...>

   --
   For P2P Foundation related messages please contact me at
   [6]kevin@p2pfoundation.net