Suzon Fuks on Sat, 8 Nov 2014 12:19:07 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Walking G20 Borders

Hi!

It's been some months that we are building up this art activism
action, here in Brisbane as many world leaders are gathering in town
next week 14-16 Nov. Please consider responding to this call and share
it Warm regards,

Suzon - Waterwheel, Make & Share about Water

**************ART & ACTIVISM**********************************
CALL FOR NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL QUICK RESPONSE TO G20 ACTION

"Sometimes doing something poetic can be political and sometimes doing
something political can become poetic" - Francis Alys

WHAT
Join us in an artistic response to the assault on the rights of asylum
seekers and refugees during the Brisbane G20.

HOW
NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY
It can be as simple as
? making a boat and photographing it in your home space or/and
? writing a song in response to ours ³Refugee ­ Mercy², upload it AND send
us a link so we can share on our website OR/and
? walking and also send us a link to pix or videos

BRISBANE
? come to boat making workshops
? sing as part of the Flotilla Event and/or
? join us on a walk - particualarly on 14-15 Nov

For further information contact: Scotia Monkivitch +61 423 987 207
contact@walkingborders.net

http://walkingborders.net

Borders are constructed to keep out or keep in. They define people, place
and activity. Operation Sovereign Borders has become a defining border
security operation for Australia. This affirmation-at-all-costs of
Australia¹s borders redefines the edges of our land and the limits of our
care for humanity and those seeking refuge.

The Walking Borders project is to be enacted during the gathering of the
G20 in Brisbane, to advocate for the rights of refugees and asylum seekers.

All peoples have a right to seek protection under international law.

There is a growing groundswell of disbelief and shame toward the
Australian Government¹s current response, which ignores or silences any
form of dissent or opposition.