Michel Bauwens on Wed, 28 May 2014 05:05:40 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> [Networkedlabour] tensions within the bay area elites

dear Orsan,

the documentary is actually from 1996-97 but has really stood the test of
time , thanks for referring to it. But one thing we should remember:
transhumanism is truly a perverted religion, it may animate the dreams of
the most fanatical (like anarcho-capitalism does), but it only the external
ideological layer, the core being the drive to control, and which I think
takes today, not really anticipated in TechnoCalyps, the means of direct
neurological control through the hand-socialmedia-brain nudges that we all
get when using the new tools. But never forget the class struggle, for any
instance where it seems the mass have no say (say the end of the Roman
Empire), there is another where it changed everything (say the welfare
states) ... Today also, for every tool there is a counter tool. We have to
know the enemy sure, but not to the point that our agenda is simply theirs,
or simply reactive to it  ..

Michel

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 3:23 AM, Orsan <orsan1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really appreciate with the arguments recently exchanged on the topic.
 <...>

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*