Patrice Riemens on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 04:08:42 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Anonymous movement in decline?

> contributing to this line of thinking:
>
> The most striking demand of the Amsterdam-based movement of
> refugees-on-the-street, operating since september 2012 under the name We
> Are
> Here, is both radical and banal:
>
> Normal Life.
>
> Makes one think, no?

Years ago Jo vdS coined the pronouncement "better to have a complex
identity than an identity complex" (which he actually used as sig for long
time). By then he'd quite simply overlooked the fact that most identity
complexes actually stem from a complex identity one desperately seeks to
simplify (and, of course, fails to do so). Now the same deficiency of
logic reappears: there is no such thing as normal life. We Are Here is a
very forceful slogan, the reality of which can however be obliterated at a
moment's notice by means ranging from the subtle to the murderous - none
of which, nor everything in between to be shunned by governments under the
present political dispensation. Normal Life being predicated upon the
illusory grant of permanence to 'We Are Here', it is a non sequitur. But
then, even if and when granted, 'normal life' is a nightmare nobody in her
right mind would chose to willingly undergo.

But this tells us nothing about Anonymous, oeuf corse. Save that since
'Snowden' everybody knows that nobody is anymore - save for her or
himself.

"Et l'oeuil etait dans la tombe et regardait Cain"

Doewie, p+5D!