Chapullers OrsanS on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 03:59:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Anonymous movement in decline?

Florian yes unfortunately you are right we all are screwed it seems,
yet sounds like you knew all that will happen as few others you were
nat naive. And yes it is very likely that we will increasingly feel
need to learn how to manage offline anonymity in post digital age. As
those people under or against Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin regimes
military dictatorships like Franco, geulle, Pinochet or current
military-civil dictatorships of the periphery. When Anons walked on 15
October, or 5 November however it was -and is still- very inspiring
for many, ordinary people, as Zapatista silent marches. When it
becomes obvious that Anonymous as an idea, as zapatismo, and practises
they imply are not about hackers (or zapatistas) only. So hackers and
non hackers, as zapatistas and non-zapatistas are in need of coming
shoulder to shoulder against spreading tyranny and fascism and it
happened So yes, when the oppression increases its level all the media
or toolkit for communication is insecure, if you don;t know all about
all, including enemy which means underground war has started and it
always means infiltration from both sides and very confusing for the
people outside of those relationships or nets. According to what we
hear from 30c3 and after snowden in general, you can also say that all
hackership is a post-digital phenomenon. So should we welcome each
other for the real street-fight, or we have another option?
What I got from Assange's talk in hamburg that: "They will watch us,
and we will leak in them and leak out.. then we need to defend each
other on the streets, spaces and corridors of the matrix." To me his
question was if the ccc or other hacker communities will organise
themselves in a way industrial workers of the world did a century
ago..
I am not an hacker, but have a naive idea about this point and a call
to share with the real hacker people seems like for you Florian they
exist but not as naive as anons. I would like to talk to some groups
in Netherlands soon, and will go to earliest ccc event to engage with
German debates. the idea is about linking industrial workers and high
tech workers (hackers) around some collective organised-networking
projects as labourleaks, production line and supply chain mapping,
social network strike, so on. There is a simple blog
gnunion.wordpress.com to start working with the basic ideas.
would be good to hear what the people in the list would give as a feed
back.. in solidarity, Orsan

On 6 January 2014 01:26, Florian Cramer <flrncrmr@gmail.com> wrote:

> In a short but interesting article, he German newspaper Frankfurter
> Allgemeine Zeitung observes a decline of the Anonymous movement just in a
> time where more and more of Snowden's material is being disclosed (
> http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/medien/anonymous-im-niedergang-die-maskerade-ist-vorbei-12733658.html)
> . Writer Sebastian D?rfler notes that "time is overdue for a sign of life
> from the group that views itself as the protector of the free Internet and
> epitomized digital activism: 'Anonymous'. Where are the hacker attacks and
> digital protest campaigns of the white masks with the big grin? While the
> Guy Fawkes mask from the film 'V for Vendetta' has become a symbol of
> global protest, not much is to be heard from 'Anonymous' in their digital
> home territory" [my translation, FC].
 <...>