carl guderian on Sat, 26 May 2012 20:50:37 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Rambo Amadeus: Euro-Neuro!

Alas, he didn't make the finals. Too much worry and not enough happy.

I like this one even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqIHkzzN0gw&feature=related

But I'll see your Rambo Amadeus and raise you one Jamal Ali, late of Azerbaijan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VZ4THHceik

He fled to England, but one of the guitarists in the band was dragooned into the army and may accidentally die in a live-fire exercise.

Eurovision has long been corrupt, per Terry Wogan's on BBC before he was replaced recently by the snarkie but hapier Graham Norton, but this one in Azerbaijan takes the baklava as the second in the troika of big events in corrupt countries.

I would welcome an anti-Eurovision Song Festival with Jamal Ali, Rambo Amadeus and similar. The UK could send Billy Bragg instead of Engelbert Humperdinck.

Meanwhile, I'll probably vote for Turkey.

Carl

On 25 mei 2012, at 17:28, Patrice Riemens wrote:

> For some time I have been teasing my few economically literate friends on
> a possible Grexit & Gre-re-entry for Grece's Euro blues, aka the
> 'Montenegro solution':
 <...>