Jernej Prodnik on Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:03:35 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Are we in 1935 Germany or 21st Century Netherlands?

Just because neoliberalism and fascism are perhaps buzzwords that doesn't
mean they are irelevant, distinguishable and possibly very much correlated
concepts, especially in case of Geert Wilders.

Best,
Jernej

-----Original Message-----
From: nettime-l-bounces@mail.kein.org
[mailto:nettime-l-bounces@mail.kein.org] On Behalf Of Heiko Recktenwald
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:21 AM
To: nettime-l@kein.org
Subject: Re: <nettime> Are we in 1935 Germany or 21st Century Netherlands?

I am sorry, you are mixing two buzzwords, neoliberalism and fashism,
that say more or less nothing. Please accept the fact that there are
still differences to Berlin 1935. You will need better arguments to fill
the vacuum in Dutch society that seems to play for Wilders. Maybe
something like "an intolerant society is a dead society". What are the
arguments of Wilders?

Best, H.