Stevphen Shukaitis on Sun, 3 Apr 2011 22:23:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Japan – Fissures in the Planetary Apparatus

Hellos…

A quick response. First off, I am not an expert on Japan. I admit to
knowing very little about Japan except for some things I have read here
and there.

The message I sent, however, was not something I wrote but an
announcement of a new site that Sabu Kohso and other have put together
for the purposes translating materials coming from anarchist and
autonomist social movements in Japan. They would be the "J-Fissures
Editorial" folks, not me.

I'm honestly not in a good position to judge the accuracy of the claims
made or ideas expressed in the site. But I can see a great deal of value
in getting out in the information sphere kinds of social movement
perspectives and voices that are not being heard within the drama
clutter of the media spectacle.

So if you want to know what I'm doing (which was the question asked),
it's simply conveying along information about a project that a comrade
is carrying out that I thought seemed timely and interesting.

As for the questions you raise about the rhetorical approach pursued in
the site, those are interesting questions, but ones that would be best
posed to the folks who actually wrote them (i.e. not me).

Cheers
Stevphen

On 03/04/2011 02:13, david d'heilly wrote:

> Don't know if this is appropriate to post here. No, I am not
> interested in getting into a protracted discussion about this. But
> every day we have to fend off this kind of crap, and I'm so sick of
> it. C'mon nettime. You want to do media criticism? How about
> critiquing the shitstorm of disinformation swarming the globe after
> 3.11, rather than fostering it.
>
> Sorry Stevphen. I beg to differ.
 <...>

--
Stevphen Shukaitis
Autonomedia Editorial Collective

"Autonomy is not a fixed, essential state. Like gender, autonomy is created through its performance, by doing/becoming; it is a political practice. To become autonomous is to refuse authoritarian and compulsory cultures of separation and hierarchy through embodied practices of welcoming difference... Becoming autonomous is a political position for it thwarts the exclusions of proprietary knowledge and jealous hoarding of resources, and replaces the social and economic hierarchies on which these depend with a politics of skill exchange, welcome, and collaboration. Freely sharing these with others creates a common wealth of knowledge and power that subverts the domination and hegemony of the master’s rule." - subRosa Collective