Eric Kluitenberg on Tue, 8 Mar 2011 05:22:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> In brig, WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning ordered to sleep without clothing

Dear Michael, nettimers,

Maybe we are forgetting about some of the net.history, and fail to recognise a specific net.phenomenon (that should be well-known to nettimers) - the Troll.

Seems we have one on the list and there's a well established set of measures how to deal with them - one of the classic manuals for net.moderators is here:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/troll-faq/

Reminds me somewhat of the 'Netzvanonva' thing on nettime quite a few years back, just that this would be a 'wet.bot', rather than a 'net.bot'.

Cheers,
Eric