Morlock Elloi on Tue, 8 Mar 2011 05:20:26 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> In brig, WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning ordered to sleep without clothing

The problem appears to be that patronizing and indignation are the only
imaginable positions for many here, as that's where the self-fulfillment
gets generated.

Imputing feelings to detainee you can't communicate with is a pointless
projection and reveals only the imputor's universe.

If you must impute, why not impute defiance and sexual arousal - that way
the detainee wins, no? But of course, if he wins, you can't patronize, so
we're back on square one.