Praveen A on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:38:55 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Decentralizing the Internet So Big Brother Can’t Find You

2011/2/19 nettime's avid reader <nettime@kein.org>:
> a free operating system called Debian have started to organize Freedom Box
> software.

> Mr. Moglen said that if he could raise âslightly north of $500,000,â
> Freedom Box 1.0 would be ready in one year.

They raised more than 60,000 US dollars in 5 days on kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/721744279/push-the-freedombox-foundation-from-0-to-60-in-30

"The donation that pushed us over the edge came from Blaine Cook, the
former lead architect for twitter, which is a nice vote of confidence,
but we would like to take a moment and send our thanks out to all of
the people who have helped contribute to this great drive, and
encourage everyone else to take a look." They announced on their
website yesterday
http://freedomboxfoundation.org/news/Thank_you_Kickstarters/

Praveen
--