Vito Campanelli on Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:15:27 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Wikileaks: Internet politics in Italy

I do agree with you. I'm convinced that the fear of Internet is the
global common ground for contemporary politics; this is self-evident and
before everybody's eyes in the case of China, less explicit in the case
of "democratic countries" that are slowly and silently converging on the
point that Internet must be regulated and kept under surveillance: the
flow has to be channeled - somehow - into secure rivers.
The Italian affair is even more paradoxical because those who govern are
actually defending the economic interests of their own
companies/business, interests that are deemed threatened by Internet.

V.

Leigh Blackall wrote:

> I wonder if this cable reveals rationale for Australian attempts to
> regulate the internet, assuming the global harmony agenda is further
> down the line than we acknowledge.
 <...>