Alan Sondheim on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:11:17 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> no stuff..

no stuff..

Defuge sets in, a kind of nausea, too many files, too much, we'll give it
a whirl, we'll see what comes up, we'll scrape the 'Internet Text,' any-
thing else I've done..

grep -h "no stuff" texts/*.txt > zz
- No stuff!

Let's see - We'll try -
grep -h "no music" texts/*.txt >> zz

During day 2, the piano music was marked - slow, moody, in so many of the
perfect music) (there are no musicians, in the sense that there are no

Not much for the texts from the past sixteen years..
What to do.. What to do.. I'm tired of music, tired of practice,
most likely you're tired of listening to me (if you've bothered)..

Where's the good video in these parts.. taking a break, I know, I'll do..
Maybe no pictures?
grep -h "no pictures" texts/*.txt >> zz

A short time ago, there would have been no problem; Delphi and other
predictive techniques, including computer extrapolations, presented a
relatively coherent view of an emergent world. Now and for at least the
next half-century, such extrapolations are locally relevant at best; no
pictures, nothing is glimpsed beyond them. We are in the dark-age of
fast-forward multiple (inter)connectivities that construct equally
multiple topographies and worlds. It's no longer clear that what lives on
the level of representation, does not live as well; artificial life is
life of a form, decimated by pulling the plug. If artificial life is
clearly the dynamics of information / processing, what removes us from
this as construct: What remains obdurate in the world?

That's better - one long entry apparently without line-breaks in the
original. And apparently nothing remains obdurate for long..

It's 2:17 in the afternoon: Do you know where your partners are?
Maybe I make video with them? Definitely no video, let's see -
grep -h "no video" texts/*.txt >> zz

or the last empire, i forget the title - you know the one - the no video
stop? why is the NO VIDEO still going on? Why does it say no video really
runs when no video is turned on at all. These ghostlike apparitions are

Of course there's film in the last resort, but I haven't made film per se
in years - no film! So -
grep -h "no film" texts/*.txt >> zz

Nothing! No film at all! Just as I expected! Let's try "no photo" -
grep -h "no photo" texts/*.txt >> zz

Nothing again! No photos, no  no photos, nothing..
Boredom arrives, no music.. Maybe I'll listen to something..
But then, perhaps no texts, everything gnawed out - beyond all reason -
grep -h "no text" texts/*.txt >> zz

typifications, standardizations, disappear, and no textual instantiation
typifications, standardizations, disappear, and no textual instantiation
about reading the others, where there are no texts, where texts only come
the _text_ of the thing, but here, there's no text, just _image_ giving
#1, Bodee, Bedee, and Budi here. >> There is no text installed .... yet.
left-hand one partially erect, no text.
typifications, standardizations, disappear, and no textual instantiation
codework is self-referential, but no text is completely self-referential
    debris, no joke, no text in this
wait there's an image here there's no text here
typifications, standardizations, disappear, and no textual instantiation
starlings obviously have no texts and it seems a leap from semantics to
starlings obviously have no texts and it seems a leap from semantics to
starlings obviously have no texts and it seems a leap from semantics to

That's more like it.. starlings have come to roost.. last night I heard
new cries.. wailings and ministrations.. fantastic, unbelievable.. what
beauty..