Jaime Magiera on Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:06:42 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Twitter revolutionaries, unmade in the USA

On Oct 8, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Morlock Elloi wrote:

> Plain curiosity: did these people never learn the Importance of Not
> Being Seen, or was their shtick calculated to result in the bust and
> related press coverage? Gross incompetence or a PR stunt? If latter, I
> hope someone had a camera rolling.

Hello,

Well, being that they were using radio scanners in their work, it was
necessary to be near the "festivities". I'd say hiding out in a motel
room is the best one can do with all that gear and the requirement of
being within range of the responder communications. Their work was
probably quite useful to the cause of the protestors. So again, this
reinforces my previous point on the value of these services in
organizing.

Jaime Magiera

Sensory Research, Inc.
http://www.sensoryresearch.net