robb on Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:31:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> report_on_NNA

hi all,
and thanks for (finally) some serious discussion about the list and the --more
or less complicated--dynamics existing within it.
I will be very short as I'm posting from a very unconfortable location in
overpacked Amsterdam (by the way, if someone from there wants to meet  that
would be super-great).
I would like to say a few words about the "fear" or "intimidation" on
posting.yes, there is a discrepancy between those in academia and those who are
not, so there might be a little bit of  intimidation going on. however, I don't
believe this is the only problem.
 as Alessandra says, we are all appreciating the incredibly good critical
commentaries on networks, politics stc..
the problem is: I haven't found so much self-critique, and this is something
that we should all  learn  in this list.  (and b/t/w, that's probably the most
difficult thing to do at this point, because after years of  doing theory and
practice we all tend to sit confortably on our chairs and become quite
defensive).

ok, if this makes sense to you, please, let me know what you think. lots of
things to say, no time, no bandwidth, I'll try to collect all the good notes I
took at the meeting.
but for the moment, thanks Tobias for the great effort. we should organize
another bigger one...maybe?

roberta
(an ex-lurker)