Geert Lovink on Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:10:55 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> report_on_NNA

Hi all, just a few comments. I enjoyed the Montreal nettime online and
the tech worked out fine. It is really a shame that the announcement of
this (online) event came through only hours after the event ended. The
reason for this is simple. Ted and Felix should be thanked for their
massive work, move on and rotate, leaving others (a bigger group, I
would suggest) to moderate the central nettime-l list. To correct Ted
(with whom I have not been in direct contact for many years), I left
the nettime-l moderation group early 2000. I wrote down my version of
the nettime history till 2000 in my book Dark Fiber. I am indeed one of
the founders of nettime and take credit for that work from 95-99, yes.
Besides that I am, still, a regular contributor to nettime-l and
nettime-nl. We do not hear much from the other language lists in this
debate, but they exist and some of them do very well. Maybe not as
lively discussion channels, but the problems that nettime-l has are
actually shared by many lists. Regards, Geert