Heiko Recktenwald on Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:19:36 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Israeli group announces anti-Semitic cartoons contest!

Well:

Israeli group announces anti-Semitic cartoons contest!

February 14th, 2006

A Danish paper publishes a cartoon that mocks Muslims. An Iranian paper responds
with a Holocaust cartoons contest - - Now a group of Israelis announce their own
anti-Semitic cartoons contest!

Amitai Sandy (29), graphic artist and publisher of Dimona Comix Publishing, from
Tel-Aviv, Israel, has followed the unfolding of the "Muhammad
cartoon-gate" events in amazement, until finally he came up with the right
answer to all this insanity - and so he announced today the launch of a new
anti-Semitic cartoons contest - this time drawn by Jews themselves!

"We'll show the world we can do the best, sharpest, most offensive Jew hating
cartoons ever published!" said Sandy. "No Iranian will beat us on our home turf!"
The contest has been announced today on the www.boomka.org website, and the
initiator accept submissions of cartoons, caricatures and short comic strips from
people all over the world. The deadline is Sunday March 5, and the best works will
be displayed in an Exhibition in Tel-Aviv, Israel.