nettime's one line collector on Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:44:51 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> publication of "Jyllands-Posten" cartoons is not... [2x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> publication of "Jyllands-Posten" cartoons is not...
     "Jody Berland" <jody.berland@sympatico.ca>

   Re: <nettime> publication of "Jyllands-Posten" cartoons is not...
     Florian Cramer <cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:11:09 -0500
From: "Jody Berland" <jody.berland@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: <nettime> publication of "Jyllands-Posten" cartoons is not...

"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this
right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either
alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his
religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance" (United
Nations 1948).

What we need to ask from an ethical point of view is not whether we are
defending our own freedom of speech but whether we are impinging on
another's.