Martin Hardie on Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:32:22 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> floss enforcement/compliance

Hi all

I am trying to find out some information regarding enforcement/compliance
issues.

I understand from the FSF in the US that they deal with enforcement and
compliance of the GPL. But do they (and I presume with the support of Prof
Moglen) only do it within the US. That is within their jurisdiction?

I suppose another way of asking that is : does for example the FSF Europe deal
with compliance/enforcement issues within Europe?  I am aware of the
fiduciary agreements that they have.

Who deals with them outside of Europe and the US?

Do other groups (ie other than the FSF) deal with compliance and enforcement
issues?

Do they all do it in the softly softly manner of the FSF?

Is anyone out there not using "licences" at all but trying to posiiton their
software within realms of trust, equity or fiduciary relationships rather
than IP?

Thanks
Martin
--

http://openflows.org/~auskadi/

"Mind you, I am not asking you to bear witness to what you believe false,
which would be a sin, but to testify falsely to what you believe true - which
is a virtuous act because it compensates for lack of proof of something
that certainly exists or happened." Bishop Otto to Baudolino in Umberto Eco's
Baudolino.