Craig Brozefsky on Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:37:36 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> flash. flash. flash. digest [sawad, klima, hwang]

Dan Sheetz <dan@goodfoodpro.com> writes:

> another and literally _watch_ the properties inherit inward.  I challenge
> someone to show me another environment that can do that in a matter of
> minutes.

Well, circa 1986:

Symbolics Lisp machines, in particular Genera/CLIM
http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~moeller/symbolics-info/symbolics.html

CLIM: Common Lisp Interface Manager
http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~moeller/uims-clim/clim-intro.html

CLIM is still around today.

In the interest of avoiding a technical debate on the topic, which
will have little to no bearing on some of the issues critiques of
Generation Flash have raised, I suggest that the issue of Flash's
status as a language, be put aside for now.

--
Craig Brozefsky                           <craig@red-bean.com>
Free Software Sociopath(tm)     http://www.red-bean.com/~craig