Decklin Foster on Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:57:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> please encrypt private e-mail

Robert Dobbalina writes:

> Anyone who feels they are already on 'red flag' lists may want to consider
> hushmail, a web based encrypted e-mail system which is PGP compatible.
> Hushmail is run by Phil Zimmerman - the creator of PGP and a fellow who has
> braved the threat of imprisonment in order to release free encryption
> software. Take a look at http://www.hushmail.com/

Interested readers may first want to consider Bruce Schneier's comments
on the system:

  http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram-9908.html#Web-BasedEncryptedE-Mail

And Hushmail's response:

  http://www.hushmail.com/bruce_comments/

GNU Privacy Guard -- a completely free PGP replacement -- has already
been mentioned on list, but I think I should still point out that I
trust it far more than I would any web-based encryption system, both in
design (my private key remains on my computer) and implementation (the
source code is not hidden).

--
things change.
decklin@red-bean.com