Ododita on 8 Jan 2001 19:48:40 -0000

Re: <nettime> The Black Electorate

Dear Alan,

Thank you for posting the e-mail, "The Black Electorate" onto nettime.  It
seems that this country has simply decided to lie down and let the abuse of
power on the part of the Bush Campaign and the Republican party go without
protest.  I am also disgusted by what seems to be a complete apathy and
resignation on the part of the media to the circumstance that has befallen
this country after the Supreme Courts decision was made to select George W.
Bush as the 43rd President of the United States.

As far as I am concerned Mr. Bush stands on uncertain ground as the next
President.  I find it hard to fathom this man as the future leader of the
free world, and I do try to fix this image into my mind.  His Republican
followers say that he is a smart man, but true intelligence can project
itself.  I have yet to see his "intelligence" in any of his televised
speeches he has made during and since his campaign.  Mores so, he comes off
more as an overly entitled, and angry man who decided that what he wants this
time is the Presidency of the United States.  The circumstance we have now is
more a nightmarish episode of a television soap-drama than real life.

So far, Mr. Nader has been surprisingly silent since the Supreme Court
selection.  I wonder what Mr. Nader and his followers think of this situation
now?

-Odili Donald Odita