Jim Ruxton on Sun, 21 Apr 2002 06:11:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] 5th annual Subtle Technologies Conference

Hi , I thought some of you might be interested in attending next month's
Subtle Technologies Conference in Toronto. If anyone has any specific
questions please feel free to contact me directly.  Hope to see you
there. Sorry for any crossposting.

Jim

SUBTLE TECHNOLOGIES 2002

Blurring the Boundaries Between Art and science

*MAY 9-12 2002    Innis Townhall    2 Sussex Ave. Toronto Canada*

*We are pleased to announce the program*

*for Subtle Technologies 2002, now available at  *

_*http://www.subtletechnologies.com*_

In its 5th year, Subtle Technologies is a

multidisciplinary festival where artists and scientists

come together to discuss, demonstrate and

exhibit their work.

Topics include dance, neurology, genetics, music,

quantum physics, cultural theory, biological model based animation, and
more....

This year, we are pleased to present:

*Lectures featuring keynote speaker Erik Davis*,

Todd Barton, Richard Brown, Joe Davis,

Alan Dunning, Ivar Hagendoorn, Heath Hanlin,

Don Hill, Amy Ione, Stephen Morris, Josef Peninger,

Susie Ramsay, Mark Rudolph, Diana Slattery,

Aephraim Steinberg, Brett Terry, Lisa Walker, Andrea Wollensak.

*Film, video and web screenings* focusing on the

traditional cultural roots of contemporary science and technology.

*Interactive installation,* presented in partnership with

InterAccess Electronic Media Arts Centre,

featuring Richard Brown, Paul Woodrow and

Alan Dunning.

*Demonstrations and discussion of interactive performance*

featuring Diana Burgoyne, Axel Morgenthaler,

and Jocelyne Montpetit.

*For more information,*

*please visit*_* http://www.subtletechnologies.com*_

*