Jeffrey Fisher on Tue, 19 Mar 2002 05:10:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Where Music Will Be Coming From - Kevin Kelly [2x]

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 01:05 AM, nettime's jukebox wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:37:26 -0500
> From: "roya.jakoby" <roya@girlfish.net>
> Subject: Re: <nettime> Where Music Will Be Coming From - Kevin Kelly
>
> " - to retroactively recontextualize some of the most revolutionary
> aspects of
> digital cultural creation and dissemination by way of a strained
> antique economic
> model."   ?
>
> Oh my... went that text through the Art-O-Matic before it got posted?
> Is the use
> of such secretive language just more interesting, or is it just
> secretive?

and that went through the Sarcas-O-Matic? is the use of such clever
rhetoric more substantive, or just more clever?

kevin kelly is the master of such hogwash digerat-o-matic rhetoric. to
attach specious high-falutin' rhetoric in his defense strikes me
as--dare i say it, after 9/11?--rather . . . ironic.

jeffrey fisher
dilettante--er, that's 'intellectual nomad'

"I've come to the conclusion that revolutions aren't profitable."
-Kevin Kelly