Pieter on Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:20:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Interview PLW

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Armitage" <john.armitage@unn.ac.uk>
To: "'Pieter'" <smallaxe@xs4all.nl>; "nettime int"
<nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 9:06 AM
Subject: RE: <nettime> Interview PLW

> Isn't it about time we all stopped playing along with this silly game?
>Forthe record, PETER LAMBORN WILSON IS HAKIM BEY -- the 'Prince of
>Liteness'.

> John.

Well, no, quite the contrary I believe. Moreover, I haven't noticed "us
all" "playing along w/this silly game"; everywhere you look on the
internet or in zines, people seem to find it necessary to blurt out on
line 1 that the two are identical (a well-established fact by now I
should think). Then why use an alias at all? With all due respect and so
forth, I get the impression that this sort of thing has more to do with
the contributor's ego: Oh, but *I* know who he is, and now I'm gonna
tell you all.

For your bookkeeping, Sakhra -l'Assal hasn't quite been himself lately
either ;)

Best,

PB

"Nevertheless, there's the principle of the thing: secrets
should be respected. Not everyone needs to know everything! What the
20th century lacks most--& needs most--is tact. We wish to replace
democratic epistemology with ``dada epistemology'' (Feyerabend). Either
you're on the bus or you're not on the bus."

-- The Moorish Orthodox Radio Crusade Collective, *Radio Sermonettes*

*****

ANGERED BY SNUBBING, LIBYA, CHINA SYRIA FORM AXIS OF JUST AS EVIL; Cuba,
Sudan, Serbia Form Axis of Somewhat Evil; Other Nations Start Own Clubs.

Beijing - Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of
Evil," Libya, China, and Syria today announced they had formed the "Axis
of Just as Evil," which they said would be way eviler than that stupid
Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the
Union address....