Bill Spornitz on Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:12:48 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> FW: : Anarchists plot medieval warfare at G8 summit

Okay. The anarchists threw bombs, right? And Trotsky talked of
*perpetual revolution* or something? (be gentle on me, now -> I spent
33 years playing the people's music in the  bars here in this city of
Ether and, thusly,  missed  on all the book learnin'...   ;-/  )

But ->  is  this _really_ *anarchy*? Or has *anarchist* just replaced
the word *revolutionary*?  <- simply due to an  irresponsible overuse
of this word?

Perhaps *anarchy* has gone the way of *hacker* - subsumed in a media
metamorpho-sis...

ps ... or perhaps the anarchists are really democrats in sheep's clothings

>From: Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher@igc.org>
>To: nettime <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>
>
>some protesters use cell phones and palms, others use siege engines and
>roman turtle (not sea turtle) formations. one imagines that the tute bianchi
>will use all of the above.

>Anarchists plot medieval warfare at G8 summit
>
>FROM DAVID LISTER IN GENOA
>
>ANARCHISTS preparing to disrupt next month's G8 summit in Genoa are
>threatening a seaborne  assault of up to 4,000 protesters and a
>medieval-style attack using catapults and battering rams to smash  through a
ring of steel in the city centre...