Nmherman on Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:54:58 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> George Fabyan celebrated for fostering first think tank

In a message dated 6/22/2001 7:45:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
nettime@bbs.thing.net writes:

> In 1955, the Friedmans returned to the Shakespeare question in their book,
>  "The Shakespearean Ciphers Examined." Although they thanked Fabyan for
>  encouraging code studies, they concluded that they began their careers
>  seeking something that did not exist.

I decided that Bacon wrote Hamlet at least after reading his short essays.  I
don't know if they're in Novum Organum or what, but all the themes and key
images of Hamlet are in one essay I forget the name though, Perhaps "On
Death"?

"Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear
in children, is increased with tales, so is the other. Certainly, the
contemplation of death, as the wages of sin, and passage to another world, is
holy and religious; but the fear of it, as a tribute due unto nature, is
weak. "

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mike_donnelly/lotone.htm#death